Saturday, September 20, 2008

I think this is the end of the first book in The Chronicles

Have you ever hit construction while you're driving and you try and go around it, but actually have no idea where you are going? Have you ever successfully arrived at your destination afterward, having totally flown by the seat of your pants, and surprised yourself even more than your passengers who you tried to convince that you actually knew what you were doing? I actually do this quite frequently, and kind of get a thrill out of it.

That is what my life feels like.

But of course, that's not exactly what it's like; because instead of accidentally stumbling across a road I am familiar with, there is actually someone else in the driver's seat steering me to the right place, as I sit and try to figure out why God decides to take me this route-not in a frustrated sort of way, but in a let's-see-if-I-can-figure-this-one-out sort of way. It's thrilling.

Some of you have heard, and others may not even have known that my Canadians and I were reconsidering when I should move out there, now that my brain is pretty much back to normal. So here is the next chapter of the Chronicles of Canadia:

After much prayer and weighing options, I was really pretty ok with staying here, subbing, coaching, working with the youth at church, whatever; but also totally alright with leaving for Canada in a second. Both options had pros and cons and I really didn't feel led in either direction. SO, after reconveining with the Canadians and sharing that with them, they shared that they, and those that had been praying with them, did not really feel at peace about me coming out right now. There's more to it than that I guess, but to keep you from falling asleep, we'll leave it at that.

Even as I am getting excited about the things I'll be doing here at home still, I do think on some of what I will miss not giong to Canada now; but I do think at this point, that it may be on the horizon still, just maybe a little further away than I had thought.

What I will be doing here, and am getting excited about includes, getting to coach CC and Lord willing, BBall, again; restarting Living ICE at church after it's hiatus upon my hospitalization; and of course, just working (as a sub again) so as to be able to actually make my car and school payments. Along with that, I am going to be forced to grow up a little and be an adult (ugh), having to take care of my own medical insurance and things like that. That, along with my long-term vision of the coffee shop which may or may not happen in Canada, I am applying at The Coffee Bean, and if that doesn't work out, I suppose I could handle working at Starbucks. It is a sad thing though, that Lancaster does not have a Peet's at which I could work...*sigh*

Note: Since this blog was originally set up to inform my friends, family, and stalkers of my adventures in the Great White North, I will likely not be updating it as often as I would, were I actually in the Great White North. If you further wish to stalk me, please refer to my facebook. OR you could actually speak with me by emailing or calling at your convenience. thank you.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Glad you'll being staying with us for a while. Sorry your plans were disrupted. More sorry you (and your parents) had to endure such a significant medical issue. Living ICE seems like one of the better things to happen at our church in quite a while and I'm glad it will continue.